* BPT as full time regular candidate from any government recognised university.
Admissions are based upon merit list of candidates opting for the course after BPT. There is no entrance exam.
The admission to the M.P.T. course shall be made on the terms & conditions prescribed in the Notification issued by the Government of Punjab from time to time.
Applicaion must prossess the following criteria: Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree certificate with not less than 4 ½ years duration (including Six months of Internship) from any university within India or equivalent degree from any other recognized university with 50% aggregate marks in University examination.
Number Of Seats
No. Of Seats: 9 seats in each specialisation.
MPT 1st Year
In this year the students acquire adequate knowledge of the basic medical subjects and advance knowledge in orthopaedic and neurological conditions, develop skills and techniques of exercise therapy and electrotherapy modalities, their application in various medical and surgical conditions and advanced concept applications in their specialized subjects. The students are also trained to demonstrate skills in handling the patients with various disorders, teaching methods, management, research guidance and counselling.
MPT 2nd Year
In this year the students are taught to analyse, interpret and evaluate various orthopaedic or neurological conditions and to analyse the reasons for development of specific clinical features in applied conditions, to rationalize the treatment approach according to the management needed (medical/surgical and to apply appropriate techniques), to compare the effect and efficacy of various approaches/ techniques for research purposes.
MPT - NEUROLOGY
MPT 1st Year
* Review of Basic Sciences (Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology & Biochemistry)
* Review of Basic Therapeutics (Exercise Therapy, Electro
* Therapy, Biomechanics & Bio Engineering)
* Advanced Therapeutics & Diagnosis (Manual Therapy, MET, Myofascial Release, LASERS, EMG, NCV, EEG, Biofeedback, Micro Current, Radiology & Diagnostic Studies Lab Pathology)
* Computers, Research Methodology & Biostatistics
* Clinical / Practicals
MPT 2nd Year
* Physical therapy in Neurological Conditions
* Physiotherapy in Neurosurgical Conditions
* Physical therapy in Pediatric Neurology Conditions
* Skill enhancing studies (Ethics, Educational Technology & Medico legal aspects
* Practical / Clinical Exam Viva Voce
* Dissertation (Based on Project Work)